- Gill Hydrophobe Down Slim Fit Jacket
- 650-fill power waterproof down insulation
- Premium rubberized zippers
- Ultra warm fabric-lined pockets
- Cuffed sleeves to aid in heat retention/keep water away from base-layers
- MSRP: $179.99 (Current Special Price: $99.99 W/Free 2-Day Shipping)
General Overview/First Impressions
- I’m not speaking in hyperbole when I say that literally everyone who works at American Legacy Fishing Co. owns at least one of these jackets (Some of us have 2-3 variations of it).
- The most impressive thing about this jacket is its ability to generate and retain heat. It is impressive because this thing weighs next to nothing. I often times forget that I’m wearing it even when I am fishing, golfing, or running. I’ve tested this thing in just about every condition I’ve been faced with. Which in Southern Indiana sometimes means rainy and cold mornings with warm and sunny evenings in the same day (Or vice versa).
- The cuffs are perfect in my opinion. They are tight enough to keep heat in and keep small amounts of water/debris from coming in. They aren’t so tight like some neoprene cuffs you will find on the really heavy duty rain gear you may be familiar with, which is nice because it makes this jacket super versatile in terms of its ability to be worn more casually.
- You can fold it down into one of its internal pockets and pack it into even the smallest of bags. This is a pretty clutch and overlooked feature for those of us who are tight on space.
- Like I said — Literally everyone of my coworkers owns some iteration of this jacket. Either its a fantastic product or we’re all morons… Please don’t comment on that last part. Have a Merry Christmas!