G. Loomis IMX-Pro Ned Rig 882S NRR
- Length: 7’4” | Power: Medium | Action: Extra Fast | Line Weight: 8-10lb. | Lure Weight: 1/16 – 3/8oz. | Grip Material: Full Cork | SKU: 12904-01
- MSRP: $345
- The length of this rod helps cast even the lightest baits a long distance. This is an important factor when fishing in highly pressured and/or clearer bodies of water where distancing yourself from your target is necessary to avoid spooking fish.
- This model falls in line with many of the “Hair Jig-Specific” finesse rods, such as the 902S JWR by Loomis or the Daiwa Steez 761MMLFS-AGS. It is technically rated as an Ex-Fast action, but it feels a bit softer due to the lighter action coupled with the length.
- The first freshwater painted blank we have seen from G. Loomis in years… The finish on this rod is beautiful.
- To state the obvious, this is an excellent option for lighter finesse tactics like Ned Rigs, Hair Jigs, and Neko Rigs. The lighter action lends itself to equally light line and baits.
- Outside of the obvious applications, this rod is a good option for anyone who likes to throw light crankbaits in the winter and early spring. The soft tip will not only aid in casting those notoriously difficult-to-cast baits, but it will offer the desired loading hookset action necessary for crankbait fishing. This action also lends itself to throwing spybaits and finesse swimbaits like the Keitech Easy Shiner.
Leave a Reply